Результаты опроса SolarWinds в области кибербезопасности компаний UK и USA (малый, средний бизнес и корпоративный сектор), англ. язык.
CYBERSECURITY: CAN OVERCONFIDENCE LEAD TO AN EXTINCTION EVENT?
A SolarWinds® MSP Report on Cybersecurity Readiness for UK and US Businesses
E X E C U T I V E S U M M A R Y
In this 2017 security survey, the overall responses strongly suggest that executive boards of enterprises and small to medium-size businesses (SMBs) are confident of their cyberthreat preparedness, low vulnerability, and data protection. The data reflects that their CIOs, heads of IT, and even their CISOs are all equally clear: we are secure.
This conviction has become so important to organizations that, as more high-profile hacks and breaches are revealed, often resulting in brands taking a financial or reputational hit, budgets to maintain their supposed security are being continually ramped up. Indeed, more investment is being made every year in corporate cybersecurity just to maintain that level of confidence.
Survey results suggest that IT providers are conﬁdent of their cyberthreat preparedness– but is this conﬁdence misplaced?
So, why is this disconnect occurring? Simply put, companies are overlooking seven basic security principles:
1. Security policies are inconsistently applied.
2. User training is massively under-prioritized.
3. Only basic technologies are being deployed.
4. Vulnerability reporting is often weak, or even nonexistent.
5. The majority of organizations make no changes to their technology or processes following a breach.
6. Widely accepted prevention techniques and processes remain overlooked.
7. Detection, response, and resolution times are all growing.
Companies looking to maintain or improve their security must pay attention to these key principles, or their overconfidence can lead to an extinction event for their business.
Закачать результаты опроса в формате .pdf
Перейти на сайт
Отправить статью в социальные сети, на печать, e-mail и в другие сервисы: